By Dougald M. Monroe, Maureane Hoffman (auth.), Hau C. Kwaan, David Green (eds.)
Coagulation in melanoma informs doctors operating within the box of melanoma of the pathophysiologic mechanisms of cancer-related thrombosis and bleeding. It presents assistance in spotting a few of the bleeding and clotting problems linked to melanoma and comprises present innovations for the administration of hemorrhage, and prevention and remedy of thrombosis within the sufferer with malignancy.
This quantity is a worthy addition to the literature on melanoma and coagulation.
"The complicated interface among melanoma and hemostasis is the focal point of this striking textual content. exotic figures within the box dissect the impression of melanoma on coagulation and coagulation on melanoma. A huge spectrum of themes are lined exploring mechanistic concerns and difficulties of scientific relevance."
Steven T. Rosen, M.D.
Read Online or Download Coagulation in Cancer PDF
Similar cancer books
From its creation, oncological chemotherapy has been laden by means of its bad selectivity simply because such a lot antiproliferative medications are poisonous not just to tumor cells but additionally to big populations of the body’s non-neoplastic cells. the consequent issues of unwanted effects are compounded via problems in predicting the specified efficiency of chemotherapy in person sufferers.
The Analog power in melanoma Chemotherapy within the usa and Japan S. ok. Carter Northern California melanoma software, 1801 web page Mill highway, construction B, Suite 2 hundred, united states - Palo Alto, CA 94304 The bilateral collaborative software in melanoma learn among Japan and the USA is without doubt one of the oldest courses of this sort.
- Ovarian cancer : clinical and therapeutic perspectives
- Lung Cancer (Contemporary Issues in Cancer Imaging)
- Breast Cancer Nursing
- Cancer Clinical Trials: Experimental Treatments & How They Can Help You (Patient Centered Guides)
Additional resources for Coagulation in Cancer
54. Caunt M, Huang YQ, Brooks PC, Karpatkin S. Thrombin induces neoangiogenesis in the chick chorioallantoic membrane. J Thromb Haemost 2003;1(10):2097–102. 55. Nierodzik M, Plotkin A, Kajumo F, Karpatkin S. Thrombin stimulates tumor-platelet adhesion in vitro and metastasis in vivo. J Clin Invest 1991;87:229–36. 56. Dardik R, Savion N, Kaufmann Y, Varon D. Thrombin promotes platelet-mediated melanoma cell adhesion to endothelial cells under flow conditions: role of platelet glycoproteins P-selectin and GPIIb-IIIa.
46. Terranova V, Williams J, Liotta L. Modulation of metastatic activity of melanoma cells by laminin and fibronectin. Science 1984;226:982–4. 47. Cheresh D, Smith W, Cooper H, et al. A novel vitronectin receptor integrin (avbx) is responsible for distinct adhesive properties of carcinoma cells. Cell 1989;57:59–69. 48. Kramer R, Marks N. Identification of integrin collagen receptors on human melanoma cells. J Biol Chem 1989;264:4684–8. 49. Roberts D, Sherwood J, Ginsburg V. Platelet thrombospondin mediates attachment and spreading of human melanoma cells.
Cardiovasc Res 2004;63(2):226–35. 82. Brill A, Dashevsky O, Rivo J, Gozal Y, Varon D. Platelet-derived microparticles induce angiogenesis and stimulate post-ischemic revascularization. Cardiovasc Res 2005;67(1):30–8. 83. Ma L, Elliott SN, Cirino G, Buret A, Ignarro LJ, Wallace JL. Platelets modulate gastric ulcer healing: role of endostatin and vascular endothelial growth factor release. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2001;98(11):6470–5. 84. Italiano JE Jr, Richardson JL, Patel-Hett S, Battinelli E, et al.