By Lim Mei Ying, Stefan Gosner, Andrew Connell, Angus Logan
This e-book has the main in depth-coverage of significant MCMS improvement issues discovered at any place. every one writer of the booklet is a popular specialist within the area
- Learn at once from famous group specialists
- Extensive assurance of the Publishing API (PAPI)
- Get Sharepoint and MCMS operating jointly
- InfoPath, RSS and scorching themes lined
Microsoft content material administration Server 2002 is a dynamic net publishing method with that you could construct web content speedy and cost-efficiently. MCMS offers the management, authoring, and knowledge administration performance, and also you give you the site interface, common sense, and workflow. Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) additionally positive aspects within the e-book. SPS 2003 allows businesses to installation an clever portal that seamlessly connects clients, groups, and data in order that humans can reap the benefits of correct info throughout enterprise strategies to assist them paintings extra efficiently.
You've mastered the fundamentals of MCMS, and setup your individual MCMS install. you may have merely scratched the skin. This booklet is your gateway to squeezing each penny out of your funding in MCMS and SPS, and making those functions interact to supply a superb richness of content material supply and simple maintainability.
As a developer, the Publishing API (PAPI) is on the middle of your paintings with MCMS, and this e-book starts off through taking you at the so much precise travel of the PAPI you can find wherever. As a dwell instance, an element that finds the constitution of your MCMS web site is created, taking you thru easy methods to deal with the typical parts of MCMS programmatically.
Getting SharePoint and MCMS to interact is the following cease within the booklet. you will see that find out how to use SharePoint's seek engine to go looking MCMS content material, submit content material among the 2 platforms, and create SharePoint net components to attract content material from MCMS.
To ease your daily paintings with MCMS, there are chapters on placeholder validation, and a few worthwhile customized placeholders for universal MCMS projects, comparable to a date-time picker, a placeholder for a number of attachments, and a DataGrid placeholder between others.
There are a few how one can devour MCMS content material from the surface international, and we glance at interesting methods right here; RSS and InfoPath/Web providers. The InfoPath resolution presents one other interface to MCMS content material that permits content material authors to be aware of content material and never the presentation.
What you are going to examine from this ebook?
- Extensive insurance of the Publishing API (PAPI)
- Managing Channels and Postings with the PAPI
- Managing Templates, Template Galleries, assets, and clients with the PAPI
- Getting Sharepoint and MCMS to interact
- Publishing content material among MCMS and SharePoint
- Preparing postings for seek indexing
- Creating Sharepoint net components to exhibit MCMS facts
- Creating robust customized Placeholder Controls
- Adding validation to Placeholder Controls
- Combining InfoPath, internet providers and MCMS's powerful content material repository
- Using RSS to syndicate content material out of your website, and reveal content material from different websites
- Staging static models of your pages
- A additional 60 pages of useful MCMS suggestions and methods
Who this e-book is written for?
This booklet is written for builders who are looking to the talents to completely take advantage of the facility of MCMS and SPS. The booklet presumes a operating wisdom of MCMS, the .NET Framework and familiarity with the C# language. all of the code examples are in C#.