By Thomas T. Ballmer
This is often the second one of 2 volumes – the 1st quantity being Waltraud Brennenstuhl’s Control and Ability (P&B III:4) – treating biocybernetical questions of language. This e-book begins out from an research of the (neuro-)biological relevancy of ordinary language from the viewpoint of grammar and the lexicon. in addition, the elemental mechanisms of the self-organization of organisms of their environments are mentioned, in as far as they bring about linguistic regulate and talents.
Read or Download Biological Foundations of Linguistic Communication: Towards a Biocybernetics of Language PDF
Similar communication books
An creation to Political communique explores the connection among politics, the media and democracy within the united kingdom, the us and different modern societies. Brian McNair examines how politicians, exchange unions, strain teams, non-governmental organisations and terrorist businesses utilize the media.
The purpose of this e-book is to notify either students and the general public concerning the nature and quantity of the matter of language decline and dying in Africa. It resourcefully strains the most reasons and conditions of language endangerment, the procedures and volume of language shift and demise, and the results of language loss to the continent's wealthy linguistic and cultural historical past.
During this ground-breaking paintings, the prestigious anthropological theorist, Michael Brian Schiffer, provides a profound problem to the social sciences. via a huge diversity of examples, he demonstrates how theories of behaviour and conversation have too frequently neglected the elemental value of items in human existence.
A shift in how we comprehend the area and ourselves, additional displacing the nature/culture divide as soon as so definitive for modernity
- Talk and Social Organization (Intercommunication 1)
- Business and Service Telephone Conversations: An Investigation of British English, German and Italian Encounters
- Information Hiding in Speech Signals for Secure Communication
- Language Universals: With Special Reference to Feature Hierarchies
Additional info for Biological Foundations of Linguistic Communication: Towards a Biocybernetics of Language
18. 19. Action Model, HD Performance Model, DR(1) Active Movement Model, AB Locomotion Model, FB Psychological Activities Model, PS (1) 20. Information Model, IF 21. Work Model, BT 22. Execution Model, DR (2) 23. Utterance Model, AU 24. Psychological Activities Model, PS (2) 25. Danger-Fear-Risk Model, WA 26. Influence Model, BE (2) 27. Process Control Model, PZ 28. Reproduction Model, FO 29. Grasp Model, GR 30. Guide Model, FH 31. Support Model, US 32. Freedom Model, FR 33. Transport Model, TR 34.
E. there are lin guistic abilities built up and vivid for rather short time spans. 10 Some of the more important levels of linguistic evolution are summarized in the following list. ), secondly we have given a rough estimate of a characteristic time which corresponds roughly to the evolution period of an ability in question, thirdly it is indicated which organisms or organism states are concerned with the evolution of that ability, and fourthly we have tentative ly given a few corresponding examples for illustration.
A theoretical foundation of lexicography and much more so contextography (= concrete con text description) has been lacking for a long time. First attempts go back to Roget, Wehr-Eggers, Hallig v. Wartburg. Only recently has there been growing interest for a thoroughly theoretical foundation of lexicography (Berliner Gruppe 1975, Wiegand/Kucera 1982, Henne 1979, Ballmer/Brennenstuhl 1978,1980) and contextography (cf. Ballmer 1976, Eikmeyer/Rieser 1982). The following figure summarizes the three pillar view maintained by our research programme.